Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ID Theft

My summer vacation ended so fast that I am in El Paso again. It was a long and horrible flight from Singapore that I had a pretty bad jet lag. (FYI: I usually don't get jet lag even though after a long flight). It is really a big difference between good (a.k.a. SQ) and bad flight (UA). I used to take SQ for long flight, however for this time I took United Airline, due to the discounted air ticket for student. Yes, it is much cheaper, but accompanied with much torturing experience. The space was much narrower, the service was terrible, there is no individual entertainment system during the whole 13 hours non stop flight (like SQ one) and most important, it was delayed. I gotta catch a connecting flight from LA to El Paso and I only have 4 hours interval. Luckily the clearance of LA's custom and immigration was pretty fast that left me 1 hour to check into my connecting flight to El Paso.

Speaking of bad service, this is the first time that I see cabin crew vent anger in front of passenger, talk to customer sarcastically, and I gotta self-service for water. I had to bell them thrice before someone come to me, and I waited 5mins in between the bells. I was so thirsty that I need a cup of water, and they don't seem to have a public lounge like the one in SQ. Finally a lady stewardess come to me and say 'can you go to the pantry and help yourself'? The pantry is messy and full of carts that I don't know where can I get a drink. Thus, I still have to get a cabin crew to pour me the drink. I swear that I will not buy UA ticket anymore. It is the most horrible flight that I had ever take.

Well, since I have nothing to keep me entertained during the 13 hours flight except my new iPod, I read on the magazines available in front pocket. And I came across this article about ID theft.

Do you know that now many ID thieves steal ID using MySpace and FaceBook? Blog is also a perfect alternative source for ID theft. With the information such as your full name, D.O.B and address, the ID thieves can using your ID and do wonders, such as credit card fraud.

I was really hit by this article, and immediately once I am able to online again, I delete all my personal info from facebook. Although I have been adding only real-life friends into my facebook, the risk of ID theft is still high. I also thought of closing down my blog, but my heart doesn't agree with that. I removed every single information from my facebook, including my relationship status:

Pink Leo is no longer listed as married.

I thought everything will be fine. And the next moment, I received numerous messages from friends:

Eh, what happened to your relationship?R u ok? Call me now!

is this a joke? If not then I hope you are okay! You are young, smart, and beautiful women, you will move on! Big hug and have a safe trip to El Paso!

Not too sure if this is true. Please take good care of yourself OK.. U hv the whole team behind U!!

omigosh babe!!!!! are you ok?? skype me if u can?

Are you alright?! Pls take care!


Hmm... I guess I must have shocked them very much. I am so sorry to shock you guys, rest assure that it is a false alarm, Mr.Yap and I are still going strong. I wouldn't ditch Mr.Yap if he doesn't do the same (he dare?!?!?!). And, I am really thankful that I have a bunch of great great friends around me, that I know I am always under good care.

So Mr.Yap, now you know how powerful I am huh? Don't try to bully me ok? Or else my friends will come after you!

(Mr.Yap's OS: I will be very grateful if you stop bullying me, sob sob sob...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah kau, I knew it wasn't true when you changed the relationship status. - xing

Pink Leo said...

2 xing: Ha ha, thanks for having confidence in me...