Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Welcome to the Magic World!

What would be the first thing pops up in your mind when you hear 'Magic'?


Well, I would think of Disney immediately. In fact, I have a dream since I was very young:
I want to visit all the Disney Parks in this planet.

So far, I've accomplished 3/5 of my dream - I've visited Disney Parks in California, Florida and Hong Kong. Left with Tokyo and France. Hopefully I can realize my dream as soon as possible, but of course it would be great too if I can realize my dream together with my children in future.

Not too long ago, Disney has started the recruitment of Disney College Program (internships) for Spring08. Great Disney fan like me wouldn't want to miss this opportunity. Thus I've completed the application and phone interview, 2 weeks later, I received this letter:


Click for larger picture

Here is the text version of my letter:

Dear Fui Ling,

Congratulations! You have been selected to participate as a Merchandise Cast Member on the Disney College Program in the Spring 2008 Season. This is a great opportunity for all students, and we are proud to offer this opportunity to you! This program will allow you to gain academically oriented work experience- the kind that professionals in every field agree provides participants with the tools they need to compete effectively in today's job market.

I couldn't believe my eyes at first when I read this... I am soooo lucky! This is what I call MAGIC!


However, I have to decline this invitation due to some visa restriction that I can only go for internships after one full year of study.

Nevertheless, I will definitely apply for Fall 08 internships, even in the expense that I have to graduate one semester later than current plan.

I want to be part of the magic!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!!hehe i know it's your dream to work in Disney all along. Ganbatte.

From,
Dar

Chan How said...

maybe malaysia will build a disneyland someday, they are still discussing.

jwlaw83 said...

Wow, my cousin is great! Interesting program to join, but I don't get the chance right now :(

Malaysia having Disneyland? I think it would be MAGIC if this realised.