Friday, September 07, 2007

Life is getting busier

While I was enjoying my relax life of not working and having classes after 6pm only, all of the sudden, many things come to me at one go. Interviews, group projects, self-reading (tons of that), fitness class, miscellaneous...

Today is a good day, at least it's a good one for me. I went to 2 different interviews this morning: On campus part time job and Ambassador of International Program.

Lucky enough, I was accepted for the part time job immediately (Hooray!), and start work date is on next Mon. I'm so happy that I can earn my pocket money so soon. But... this leads me to another tedious process of getting a social security number (sort of work authorization permit). Now I have to run to few offices to get things and documents done, but the officers are saying that the earliest that I can apply for my social # is on next Tue. Damn! This means that I can't start work until I have those few important numbers! Sigh, what can I do? I can just wait... and wait...

2nd position that I apply is to become an ambassador of international program, and I can represent two countries; Malaysia and Singapore. I need to go through 2 rounds of interview to present the countries, and the 1st interview was held in this morning, and it was a smooth one. What I need to do is to do well again on my 2nd interview with the big boss. Then I would be able to introduce my country and Singapore to others. I love to do these kind of stuff!

If everything goes fine, I should be able to earn enough pocket money for my expenses like petrol and to establish more contacts. Double up benefits - I get paid and I get to know more people.

And also, I'm taking up Tae Kwon Do class again. Why 'again'? Well, in case you didn't know, I nearly took black belt test for my Tae Kwon Do 10 years ago, but due to busy study and other commitment, I quit. Now, since Tae Kwon Do class is offered as free in UTEP, I shall just go ahead and pick up my punching and kicking skills again... This is also to commit myself to do regular exercise.

With all these activities in place, Pink Leo is not going to update her blog as frequent as it was. Nevertheless, I will try to sneak a little time from my busy schedule to roar here!

Take care folks!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, congratulation, gal. All the best. You can do it. :D - from: dada

Anonymous said...

oh no beware of the kicking and punching pink Leo !!!! xing xing scare scare....

u must intro the "cannot make it" singaporeans and also UOB too !!! kekeke.... - chin heng

jwlaw83 said...

Hehe!~~ Welcome joining the Tae Kwon Do black belt gang, my house already have 3, your house got one if i'm not mistaken, Let you become the next ya :)