Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bump into an old friend

I went to Yishun last night, had dinner at Agnes's place. After the dinner, it was pretty late at 940pm and I felt that I need to go home asap.

So, I took 804 to Yishun MRT. Somehow, when I reach Yishun Interchange, an invisible urge tells me I need to get something from Cold Storage, despite that Cold Storage is closing in 15mins time.

I was lingering in Cold Storage, wondering what should I get. All of sudden, I bump into an old friend. A friend that I always afraid to bump into as I did something very sorry to him 3 years ago. Worse still, I never apologize to him for that sorry incident till date. Despite all these years we do 'talk' to each other via sms, maybe 2 smses per year - Happy New Year and Happy CNY, I never have the gut of calling him out for drink or meal, as I can't bring myself to face him.

So what happened? I was so nervous that I became tongue-tied...
*************************************************************************************
Me: Eh? Hi.... (heart pumping very fast)
Him: Oh hi...
Me: (Mr Yap walking towards me) Eeerr.... (pointing my old friend) He is ... He is ... Jxx ... Jxx.... Jxx Qxxxx (Deep in my heart 'what am I doing?').
Him: Yeah, I'm Jxx Qxxxx. How come you are here? Where do you stay?
Me: Eerrmm...I was at Yishun. No, I mean, I was having dinner at Yishun... I mean, I have a friend staying in Yishun and I went for dinner at her place. I've finished my dinner, but I'm thinking what I should I buy here. (Mind totally blank) I'm staying in Woodlands now so I'm going back soon.
Him: Oh I see. Well, I just moved to Yishun 2 days ago only. Kinda surprise to see you here. Ha ha.. I heard from Siew Min (my best buddy from Melaka) that you are going to USA soon? is it?
Me: Yes, I'm leaving this Thurs, for study.
Him: How long will it be?
Me: Eeerrmm...2 years perhaps. But I will be back next summer for vacations.
Him: I see...
Me: (Wanting to end the conversation fast) Ok, I got more things to buy. Bye! (Escape from the awkward scene immediately)
*************************************************************************************
My mind continue to blank for next 10 mins.

Maybe I'm just being sensitive, I've this strange feeling that I'm fated to bump into him before my departure. See, I never thought of getting anything from Cold Storage, but somehow my feet brought me there. So coincident that he also shifted to Yishun 2 days ago only. So coincident.... Ah.. I don't know how to describe my feeling.

Maybe he has totally forgotten the sorry incident, then I'm just being a fool to myself. Sigh...

No comments: